The Side Effect Of Bitter Kola
Bitter Kola is gotten from a flowering plant scientifically known as Garcinia kola mostly found in the tropical region of Central and West Africa. The amazing thing is that every part of this plant is medicinal.
But the seed of this plant is the most commonly eaten part. The seed is generally referred to as bitter kola. It has a sharp, bitter taste that eases into a slight sweetness as you chew and they are typically eaten raw.
Have you heard of the side effect of bitter kola? Probably yes or no for some persons. Of course, the kola has a lot of health benefits, however, it is also important that we take a break and look out for the possible side effects.
Let’s quickly look at the possible side effect of eating too much bitter kola or in another way what happens if you abuse it.
The Possible Side Effect of Bitter Kola
- It can lead to mouth cancer. According to studies chewing bitter kola can lead to mouth or gastrointestinal cancer.
- Bitter kola contains some amounts of caffeine that is why eating too much of it can be unhealthy. Hence you should be careful with the number of nuts that you eat. Bitter kola can be very dangerous especially to people that have cardiovascular problems.
- It can also lead to glaucoma if taken in excess. But if you consume a small amount of it, it can prevent glaucoma.
- The presence of caffeine in bitter kola can lead to an incorrect sugar level in your body, so eating much of it is not beneficial to people who suffer from diabetes. So it is better to be careful with it.
- This kola can worsen diarrhea. If you eat too much of it when you have some problems related to diarrhea, it can make the situation worse so please be guided.
- Bitter kola can lead to problems associated with blood clotting if eating in excess amount as it is known to be able to slow down blood clotting.
- Bitter kola can increase anxiety. So you should stay away from it if you have a problem with stress and anxiety.
How to avoid the side effect of bitter kola
There are health benefits of bitter kola so also side effects. Its effect on your body depends on the way you consume it.
Doctors recommend that you eat no more than two nuts a day to avoid side effects or complications. Keep a moderate level in taking this kola to avoid health problems instead of health benefits.
What are the Health Benefits of Bitter Kola?
Treat cold and fever
Bitter kola can enlarge the alveolar sac and duct which helps provides relief for chest cold and goes on to prevent cold altogether.
It improves the health of your lungs
Bitter kola contains saponin which is an antioxidant that has detoxifying and cleansing effects. This helps to improve the lungs by expanding the alveolar ducts and sac and also strengthen the fiber in the tissue of the lungs.
Bitter kola has a high antioxidant content for a healthy body.
This kola is known as an excellent disease modifier that provides relief in osteoarthritis. Research shows that it has significant anti-inflammatory effects on patients with knee osteoarthritis.
Bitter kola helps in the reduction of inflammation, pain, and immovable joints, and the cause of arthritis and displeasing pain may be a joint injury, aging, hereditary or it may be obesity.
Eating this amazing kola can help cover all these problems and cure them of its root.
This wonderful kola has been used for decades to fight against infections from the common cold to hepatitis. Studies show that bitter kola can help combat coughs, bacterial infections, and viral infections.
Improves your body immune system
Bitter kola is high in antioxidants which helps counteracts free radicals. Causes of these free radicals include tobacco smoke, ultraviolet rays, and air pollution.
They can also be produced by normal processes in the body such as exercise and our immune response.
Free radicals can damage DNA, cell membranes, and other parts of cells. The presence of antioxidants helps build the body’s immune system which helps the body to be better able to fight against disease and stay healthy.
The Side Effect Of Bitter Kola