The Health Benefits Of Fish And Simple Way To Prepare Fish Roll
Have you ever taught of making a fish roll at home for a launch and you don’t know how to go about it? We are here to help you out on how to make that yummy recipe that you desire.
Fish roll is one of the best street food in Africa. It provides you with energy and other required nutrients to make your day lively. It is eaten as snacks with any drink of your choice and for me I like taken it with zobo drink.
For the filling you can use any fish of your choice, but Titus fish will come out nice with good taste. Spice up the fish moderately so as not to ruin the taste.
The Health Benefits of Fish
Fish is a very good source of protein and other essential nutrients like the great omega-3 fatty acid that has a lot of health benefits.
- The omega-3 fatty acid present in fish helps to protect your heart from coronary heart disease and other forms of heart problems.
- The consumption of seafood like fish is very important for proper brain function as studies had shown that seafood prevents the risk of Alzheimer’s disease and brain deterioration.
- It is a good source of vitamin D needed for the proper absorption of calcium for bone health. Vitamin D also helps to fight against disease infection.
- The omega-3 fatty acid in fish helps to improve eye health.
- It also helps to reduce your body cholesterol level
- Prevent the risk of strokes and cancer
- It helps to treat liver disease.
- It helps to reduce the risk of high blood pressure
Making your favorite fish roll
- green pepper
- curry powder
- groundnut oil ( for fish sauce)
- red pepper
- 1 cube of knorr seasoning
- 2 ½ cup plain flour
- 4 tbsp margarine
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon sugar
Procedure for preparation
- Boil the fish with Maggi seasoning, salt, and a little curry and thyme
- Mash the fish together with the onion, green pepper, red pepper and fry on low heat then keep aside
- In another bowl, add the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt margarine and use four fingers to incorporate the margarine into the flour until it comes out crumbly
- Add the milk and mix, then start adding water a little at a time until a workable dough is formed
- Transfer the dough to a work surface and knead for about 3 to 5 minutes, then cover up the dough and leave it to rest for about 10 minutes
- Roll out the dough to about 1/8 inch thick, then cut it out into small rectangles. take each of the cutout rectangles and fill it with 1 to 1 ½ tablespoon of fish or as desired then tightly roll the dough and secure the ends with a little water mixed with flour
- Spread a little flour on the oven tray and arrange four rows orderly in it
- Place the tray in a preheated oven and after 8-10 minutes, bring it out and use a brush to apply the egg white on top of the fish roll to give it a shiny effect when properly heated
- Place it back into the oven for about 45-50 minutes
After which your sweet yummy fish roll is ready to be served hot with a cold juice or soya milk.
The Health Benefits of Fish and simple way to prepare fish roll